A Scraphappy Southernbelle

Monday, September 7, 2009

A Tweet For You

Hey yall! How are ya doin' today? I hope you are enjoying this long weekend! My family came up to stay with us for a few days. We had a wonderful time! I hated to see them go though!!! But maybe I can go down to Bama in a few weeks.

Anyways, we have a new challenge for ya over at The Cuttlebug Spot. We want you to create any project that includes a bird and the use of your Cuttlebug. Easy Peasy and fun!!! Here is the link to the blog for ya:

http://thecuttlebugspot.blogspot.com/

This week I created a little altered project. I recycled a jar that some scrappy stuff came in. I filled it with Brandon's fave...Mike-n-Ike's. I used some red cardstock, embossed with the Distressed Stripes folder, around the jar. I also added some ribbon. I pulled out my Cuttlebug again and cut out the sentiment with the 'stamp' die that comes with the Cuttlebug. Then for the top, I folded this little bird gift box, which was cut with my Cricut using the Sure Cuts A Lot (SCAL) software. I found the template for this on the SCAL forum. Here is the link to the file if you are interested:

http://forums.surecutsalot.com/viewtopic.php?f=23&t=6781&hilit=bird+gift+box

I changed mine up just a tad. I decided to add some real feathers instead of cutting mine from the box. This was kinda tricky to put together, but very fun!!! I tied a bow to add to the head of the bird...had to girl it up! LOL. Here it is:



I already have given it to Brandon. He loved it! He said it made his day, so that made my day!!!
So do hop on over to The Cuttlebug Spot and show us your 'tweet' projects!!! As always, thanks for droppin' in today! Happy Scrappin'!!!!!
Pin It!

12 comments:

Unknown said...

Oh my gosh, this is the cutest ever! Great job, as always!

Kaye's Crafty Place said...

So very tweet Aymee, no wonder Brandon loved it, and with his favourite sweets as well!

hugs
Kaye x

Sandi Clarkson said...

So cute. You're gonna have to make a bunch of those now ... so the family won't get jealous!

Caitlin Russell said...

Oh Aymee!! This is so cute!! I love it and I bet B did too!!!

You go girl!

Cait

Rissa said...

way cute Aymee!!!

Liz said...

this is just 2 cute Aymee

DonnaMundinger said...

OMG Aymee! This is too cute for words! Love the feather additions. xxD

michele said...

this bird is so darn cute! i was surprised to read (and happy for you too)that the family came up for a visit! woohoo!!! tell me about the new scrappy space...inquiring minds want to know.

Alanna said...

How cute is this? Love it.

Kray said...

So very cute!!!! Tweet Tweet!

Karen AKA Soccerboyzmom said...

This is a fun project you did

Anonymous said...

this is ADORABLE!!! :) tfs.

hugs,
sarah.