A Scraphappy Southernbelle

Monday, September 14, 2009

Mornin' Monday!!!

Good Morning! How are yall doin'? Ready to start a new week??!!! I hope you all had a great weekend! Not too much here. Brandon had to work a lot so I scrapped and chilled. BUT we did book our cruise!!! Yay! We will be cruising to the Western Caribbean Dec 28 through Jan 2!!! I am so super excited! We never get to do anything like this and I am so thankful!!! I hope it will be a romantic trip for us!!

Today, I have 2 projects to share with you. First, we have Workout #4 for you at ScrapFIT!!! Go check out this fun challenge!! (HINT: A FABULOUS prize is up for grabs!!!!!!)

http://scrapfit.blogspot.com/

Part of the challenge requires you to use Cosmo Cricket products. I decided to dig into my scrappy stash and use some Cosmo Cricket stuff that I have had for a bit. I needed to use this stuff up, so glad we had this challenge. I used the Early Bird, Storytime, and Fleuriste lines. I used my Cricut and Sure Cuts A Lot software for my title. The font is 'Lauren Script.' I also added some velvet trim, stitching, a button, and bling. This one was a tough one for me too. I had to use the dreaded color purple. I don't use purple too much. I always have a tough time using it. But I'm glad I did. It's a nice change. Here is my page:

I made this strawberry cake as the dessert for a romantic dinner for 2 that I made for Brandon and I awhile back.

Second, we have a new challenge at The Cuttlebug Spot. This week it's time to get the party started with.....some Cuttlebug Confetti!!! Tee Hee! This is super simple to make and is a great, inexpensive filler to your altered projects. All you do is emboss a sheet of cardstock with your favorite embossing folder, cut into strips, and then fold back and forth. Voila! Cuttlebug Confetti!!! I used some in this paper caddy for some cookies. I also used the D'Vine Swirl embossing folder. Here is my project:


So come on over to the party....
As always, thanks for droppin' in today! Enjoy your day! Happy Scrappin'!
Pin It!

10 comments:

Sandy said...

Beautimus....and it looks delish....love your layout and your project!

Kaye's Crafty Place said...

Love both projects Aymee, I have a hard time with purple too. Love the cookie holder, looks fab.

hugs
Kaye x

Jodi Geers said...

I love your little paper caddy! It is so adorable. Is it a pattern that can be shared or is there a link for where to purchase it? I love all the cuttlebug embossing on it and the shreds are adorable. Thanks!

Unknown said...

Both projects are fantastic!

DonnaMundinger said...

I remember that romantic dinner and that fabulous CAKE! It certainly deserves a page of it's own! And what a cool container for TCS. Mind sharing where it came from? I love it! xxD

Sandi Clarkson said...

Aymee, love them boh. I don't use purple much either .. so I feel your pain .. but what a pleaseant out of the box experience. Oooooh, that container is just the cutest.

K said...

great project! love your bright green and red together! your container is so interesting, and doesn't look too hard--just a bit of folding. is there a tutorial? thanks. ~k

Beth aka BR-T said...

Fantastic work Aymee And I love the new look! Beth

~JulieH~ said...

Love your cookie basket thanks for setting the challenge for us this week!
Juliexx

Annette:) said...

Love the cookie container. Are there instructions somewhere? I feel some cute holiday projects brewing:)