A Scraphappy Southernbelle

Wednesday, September 16, 2009

Cottage Cutz Wednesdays at The Cuttlebug Spot

Howdy! How are ya doing on this beautiful day??? I hope you are well! Each Wednesday, we have what is called 'Cottage Cutz Wednesdays' at The Cuttlebug Spot where we feature a die from The Scrapping Cottage. This week I am showcasing the 'Gecko' die. I created a fun game for children called 'Gecko'n'......'Get Goin.' Tee Hee! I know it's a corny name, but fun for the kiddies. It is essentially a memory card game. So let's back up for a bit....do yall remember those memory card games we played as children? I played these all the time both at school and at home. I believe the one I played as a child was called 'Concentration.' The game is traditionally played on the floor, but any flat surface will do. The game can be played with one or more players. First, you place all of the cards face down. For each turn, the player will choose 2 cards and put them face up. If the cards match, the player gets to keep those cards. If the cards do not match, they both have to be turned back face down. The game is over when the last pair is picked up. If more than one player is playing, the player with the most pairs wins. Simple and a great way for kids to work on their concentration/memory.

So I created 12 cards, or 6 pairs, for my game. I used the gecko die from The Scrapping Cottage as my image and created 6 different patterns for the gecko. This die is great because the possibilities are endless. It is like getting several dies in one. Here is a link to the die if you are interested:

http://www.scrappingcottage.com/index.asp?PageAction=VIEWPROD&ProdID=4801

Isn't that the cutest little gecko you've ever seen?!! I love it! It is super easy to use with the Cuttlebug.

Here are my cards, with 2 matching pairs facing up so you can see how it looks as the game is going on...

Here is the card face down. I used my SCAL (Sure Cuts A Lot) software to cut the "Gecko'n" phrase. This font is called 'Cheri.' The font uses a heart in place of the ' . I used some Stickles glitter glue on the heart to help separate the letters.

Here is each of the 6 designs I created using the die so you can see the possibilities. I used the Cuttlebug D'Vine Swirl folder on the background, the Doodlecharms cartridge for the sun, and the Martha Stewart icicle punch (turned upside down) for the grass. I plan on laminating these before giving them to a child. That way they will stay looking good. I need a laminator first though. I hope to purchase one soon.






I hope yall will like these. I worked very hard on them. It took me a few days to complete them. I hope kids will like it too. If you would like to see some more of the Cottage Cutz dies in action, visit The Cuttlebug Spot.


As always, thank you for stoppin' by today! Take care!!!

post signature

Pin It!

8 comments:

DonnaMundinger said...

Darling and creative way to use the geckos! Love it! xxD

Dawnll said...

This is just tooooo cute, how fun is that gecko?

Anonymous said...

these are super cute!! thanks for sharing.

hugs,
sarah.

michele said...

the geckos are just so darn stinkin cute...and what a gr-8 idea. and, I must tell you, your work here of late has been on fire!!!

Unknown said...

Ok, these are just too stinkin cute! Fabulous job!

Anonymous said...

Talented AND clever! Aymee, this rocks! When my children were younger, they loved playing memory games. And, they always whooped my butt! Thanks for sharing! Your colors and embossing are fab!

Sandi Clarkson said...

Very clever GF. You'e always thinking outside the box!

Divinewoman said...

Aymee,
Those gecko's should be a fun game for the kids. I can tell it took awhile to create that game! So awesome!