A Scraphappy Southernbelle

Wednesday, September 23, 2009

Some books for my Mom....

Hey guys! How are you doing today? I have been working on creating my very own wordbooks. I have created one of these before, but had someone else to cut it for me. So when I got SCAL (Sure Cuts A Lot), I knew I wanted to try to do my own soon. Well, Mom was the first person to ask me to create some for her to give as gifts and I was so glad to do so. Each month, all of the teachers get together and give a gift to the principal and assistant principal at the school they work at. This month, Mom suggested these word books. So we made one for each of them. The principal of the school has some boys who play football, so for her, I cut a wordbook in the font that matches our team's logo. Our mascot is a tiger. So I cut the word 'Tigers' out. I used Inkscape to design the books and cut them out using my Cricut machine and SCAL software. My Mom is decorating the 'Tigers' wordbook. I have posted a picture of it at the bottom of this post, mainly for her to see early since I had to mail these. I decorated the book for the assistant principal. She has a new baby and his name is 'Houston'. I used a font called 'cheri' for the lettering on this book and the 'New Arrival' Cricut cartridge for the embellishment. I inked all of the edges with Tim Holtz distress ink in 'faded blue jeans.' I also added Stickles glitter glue to all of the embellishments for some bling. Now, I only decorated the book. The pages have NOT been attached to one another yet. My Mom is going to do that. So if you can, visualize (LOL) this put together with some binder rings and coordinating ribbon tied to the rings. So here is the book with the letters lined up:

Front of 'H'

Back of 'H'

Front of the first 'O'

Back of the first 'O'

Front of 'U'

Back of 'U'

Front of 'S'

Back of 'S'

Front of 'T'

Back of 'T'

Front of second 'O'

Back of second 'O'

Front of 'N'

Back of 'N'

Now this is just the blank book that say's 'Tigers' that my Mom will decorate.

I hope the principals will enjoy these. I put a lot of time and work into each book. It took at least an hour to design each book, 30 minutes to cut each book, and then I stayed up all night to decorate the 'Houston' book. I put at least 8 hours into it. But they are so FUN to make!!! I can't wait to make some more!!!!! I'm hoping Mom might ask me to make some for 'fall' or 'Christmas'.....hint hint Mom! LOL! As always, thanks for stopping by! Yall have a wonderful evening! Happy Scrappin'!


post signature

Pin It!

6 comments:

Beth aka BR-T said...

Looks great! Beth

Precious Memories Scrapbooking & More said...

great job as usual! she will love it!

Suzy said...

I love how you decorated the Houston word book. Did you use cardstock and if so how many layers? Or something else? Thanks!
~Suzanne
suzyq28024@gmail.com

DeeDee said...

Wow..I would have never thought to make a baby book with this style...but gesh I love it...great job..congrats mom...

"Um Buggin" said...

Awesome job Amyee!! I'm so glad you are having fun with your SCAL.

Hugz, xx

~L~

Sandy said...

Wow Aymee...outstanding....I don't have scal but maybe someday....your work as ever is an inpiration!