A Scraphappy Southernbelle

Monday, September 21, 2009

skinnarmarINKy dINKy dINK skinarmarINKy do....I Love You

ROFL! Ok, I hope I'm not the only crazy gal out there who remembers the song referred to in my title of my post today!!! Do yall remember it??? It was from 'Sharon, Lois, and Bram's Elephant show'.....

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EEEsX69iIxY

I watched this as a young tot and always loved it!! I don't know why I remembered it as I wrote this post, but it just hit home. Ha ha!

Anyways, if you notice, I was trying to get the word 'INK' across and that is because we are pulling out our ink pads for a fun technique this week at The Cuttlebug Spot. We are taking a trip down memory lane and visiting the very first challenge that we had....inking your Cuttlebug folders!!! It's safe, easy, and FUN!!! Here is a link to the blog for ya to check out the other DT's marvelous projects:

http://thecuttlebugspot.blogspot.com/

We'd love to have you join in on this challenge!! If you are curious on how to ink up your cuttlebug folders, like I was at first, here is a video tutorial I found on YouTube that was very helpful to me:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oPaDiVxM64k

For my project this week, I created a card. I used my SCAL (Sure Cuts A Lot) to cut the mushroom, ladybugs, grass, and the word 'thank you.' I really am enjoying this new SCAL. It has to be one of my fave presents ever!!! The possibilities are just endless!!! If you are interested in any of these cuts, here they are:
1. mushroom http://lshdesigns.blogspot.com/2009/08/free-mushroom-svg-pattern.html
2. ladybug #1 http://svgfiles.blogspot.com/2009/07/another-ladybug.html
3. ladybug #2 http://svgfiles.blogspot.com/2009/07/ladybug.html
4. grass border http://forums.surecutsalot.com/viewtopic.php?f=23&t=5201&p=27686&hilit=grass+border#p27686
5. 'thank you' - cut with a font called 'cheri' that I downloaded from dafont.com

I used the inking technique on the D'Vine Swirl, Swiss Dots, and Spiderweb folders. I also brought in some stitching. Some if it is kinda funky, but I like the look it gives. I also used some Stickles glitter glue on the lettering and black dots of the ladybugs. I used some Tim Holtz distress ink in 'peeled paint' on the grass. The plaid paper is from Die Cuts With A View. It is glittered cardstock, but not sure if you will be able to see the glittery part. Here is the card....I hope you like it. This was so fun to make!


So if you would like to, come on over to The Cuttlebug Spot and join in on this fun challenge! We'd love to see what you can do!!!
As always my friends, I thank you for stopping by my blog today!!!!! I hope you have a wonderful week and Happy Scrappin'!!!!
Pin It!

11 comments:

Sandy said...

What spectacular work Aymee....I love all of your new posts....your continued creativity and talent keep me in awe!

Kaye's Crafty Place said...

As always Aymee this is so cute, those ladybirds are adorable!

hugs
Kaye x

Unknown said...

This is cute! LOVE the colors!

Precious Memories Scrapbooking & More said...

Very cute Amyee, love it & yes I do remember that song!

Terry@ a quilting blog said...

What a beautiful card...love all the details!!! TFS

~Terry

Unknown said...

Oh this is fabulous! I love the way the different folders give it that "funky" look, as you described. Great job as always Aymee!

Katie said...

seriously cute, cute card aymee! love the texture & details.

Karen Brooks said...

Just adorable! I'm so tempted to get SCAL after hearing how much you love it!

Dayna said...

Love the card! The colors and patterns you put together are so great. I would never think to put those together but it looks amazing. And I loved the Elephant Show as a kid too.....thanks for the trip down memory lane!

Beth aka BR-T said...

This is AMAZING Aymee! Beth

Divinewoman said...

Aymee,
This is so cute. You create so many awesome cards and layouts! You just inspire alot of people and also me.