A Scraphappy Southernbelle

Monday, September 28, 2009

Halloween Board Book

Happy Monday!!! Ready for a new week? I am! I've got a lot to get finished up this week and am ready to be done!!! As always, Monday means we have a new challenge at The Cuttlebug Spot. This week we are creating 'Fall' projects. Here is the link to the blog if you would like to check out the other DT's fabulous projects!!!

http://thecuttlebugspot.blogspot.com/

This week's project is extra special for me because I used my SCAL (Sure Cuts A Lot) and Inkscape software to create this Halloween board book. It is such a great feeling to have an idea in your head and see the finished product. The files of the actual images were created by Amy from the SCAL forum. But now, thanks to her and several others on there, I now know how to create my own files. I have bitten by the SCAL bug and am loving to create my own! I have even set up a blog especially for my files, which are all free!!! So if you would like any free files, look to the right and you can click on my 'SVG blog.' I used the following Cuttlebug folders this week: Swiss Dots, Script, Pumpkins, Spiderweb, and Spots-n-Dots. I also used some Stickles glitter glue on the characters. I used some skull printed ribbon to tie all of these together. I did not have any rings, but the ribbon seems to do just fine. I really want a Bind It All, but that will have to wait. Maybe soon I can purchase one. Here is the book:

Page 1

Page 2

Page 3

Page 4

Page 5

As always, thanks for stoppin' by today. I hope you enjoy this project. I sure had a lot of fun making it!!! I can't wait to add some Halloween pictures to it!!! Have a wonderful week and Happy Scrappin'!!!!

post signature

Pin It!

9 comments:

michele said...

I am so glad I checked out your blog before heading to work this morning. What a way cool board book. I can just see pictures of the Little Man in here!!! By far, you have outdone yourself. And, I see the skull in there...WTG for a fine and fabulous project!

Sandy said...

Aymee your book is toooo much spooky fun. I love all the embossing and the fun cuts for the pages...great halloween colors...wonderful as always!

Unknown said...

Wow, this is absolutely fantastic! You're becoming quite good with your SCAL and software. You know that I'm a huge fan, and this only adds to that. The house, the skull, the Frankenstein and headstone are such a creative idea for pages in a Halloween book. This is just gorgeous!!

Judy said...

Wow! The Halloween board Book, looks great I like it! I never made one maybe I should give it a try.

scrappin_mom3 said...

A this is too much girl!! WOOZERS!! I can already see you halloween pics of Carter in there! I am so needing the SCAL after seeing everything you've been doing with it!!

Dawnll said...

Aymee I have to say with the music going and the background of your blog going I was feeling like I was entering a haunted house ...what a great book for Halloween,excellent job sweetie.

Liz said...

You know your the bestest lady..

Anonymous said...

WOW Another fabulous project by the talented Amy!! The embossing along with the Halloween images really makes this a fun book.

Leen

litlbecca said...

this book is so wonderful, i cut one out on sunday and made it for my niece, she will love decorating and putting pictures from our halloween craft party in it! thank you so much.i will post pics on my blog as soon as were done with it.http://beccasaddiction.blogspot.com/