A Scraphappy Southernbelle

Tuesday, September 15, 2009

Treasured Scrapbooking Layout #2 and Altered Item & A Chirper Challenge

Hello everyone! How are you doing today? Can you believe half of September is already gone???!!!! Man, time just keeps slipping past me! Today I wanted to share with you my 2nd LO and Altered Item for the month of September. If you can, do go on over to the gallery at Treasured Scrapbooking and check out the other DT's fabulous projects!!!

Here is my layout....'Towel Critter.' My Mom and Daddy went on a cruise this past July and each day they had a cute, new towel critter in their room. This one was just one of my faves as I looked through her pix from the trip. it just cracked me up! I used the Treasured Scrapbooking September kit #2 for this one. I cut the lettering out with my Cricut and the SCAL (Sure Cuts A Lot) software. This font is called 'old typewriter.' I added some Stickles glitter glue on top of the alphas.




For my altered item, I decided to make a 'toilet paper roll tag album.' I first saw this idea on the Cricut Message Board. I knew I had to try it too. It just looked like so much fun and easy to make. It really was easy and it's a great way to recycle something that normally would be thrown out. All you have to do is take 4 toilet paper rolls (or however many 'pages' you would like) and fold them flat. I flattened mine and then put them underneath a few heavy books for about a day. This helped them to stay pretty flat. Next, cut your patterned paper to 6"x 4" (or depending on what size your rolls are.) I used scrapbook adhesive to adhere the paper to my rolls. I then used my Crop A Dile to punch 2 holes in one end of the roll and add eyelets. This will help keep one end of the roll closed and allow you to slide a tag in and out of the tag. I used my Cricut and cut my tags with the Plantin' Schoolbook cartridge at 3 3/4". Then I embellished the tags with rub ons, ribbon, flowers, rhinestones and pictures. Last, I tied my pages together with toile'. The booklet I saw before used binder rings to hold it together. So it's pretty much whatever you would like. Yall gotta try this out! They are inexpensive and so cute!!




Also, we have a fun new challenge at The Chirper Challenge blog. Here is the link for ya:
For this challenge, you are to use fall colors and focus on envelopes. You could use envie's in your layout, with a card, with an altered project, etc. It's up to you!! We'd love to see what you can do! For my project, I created a card. I used my Cricut and SCAL (Sure Cuts A Lot) software to cut the actual card. I used Happily Ever After for the pumpkin/vines. I used Storybook for the alphas and Home Decor' for the medallions. I added some Stickles glitter glue for some bling. On the envelope, I used the new Martha Stewart embossed pumpkins for the pumpkin border. Here it is....


That is all for me today. I thank you for stoppin' by my blog and appreciate your comments!! Enjoy your day and Happy Scrappin'! Yall take care!
Pin It!

12 comments:

Amy said...

aymee, this card is beautiful! Did you design the actual card yourself in SCAL? It's quite lovely, I would love to have it...and your pumpkin is stunning as well! Great job!!

Liz said...

Aymee this blows me away as always...

"Um Buggin" said...

Woo Hoo!! Girlfriend, this is my kind of card. Great take on the challenge Amyee, you did an awesome job. I love everything about it, so fall like. Beautiful card and envy.

Hugz, xx

~L~

~JulieH~ said...

Oh Aymee this is so beautiful! and love your little book too. Two absolutely amazing creations!
Juliex

Jeannie Phillips said...

I love this card it is amazing..so is your scrapbook page and your album..great job
hugs
Jeannie

Cathie in UT said...

your card is just beau-ti-ful!
I love the lattice background and the pumpkin and vine.

Kaye's Crafty Place said...

Well you have been busy!!! Love the little toilet roll album and the towel page is fab, what a great way to put out the fresh towels. Love the card too, the pumpkin look just awesome.

hugs
Kaye x

DonnaMundinger said...

Boy have you been a busy gal Aymee! All of your projects are FABULOUS! Especially love your Fall card and love the tulle on your TP tag album. I've been saving rolls forever thinking I was gonna make one. You've inspired me. Hugs! D

Rissa said...

busy busy girl!!! love it all

Unknown said...

Wow, Aymee these are all gorgeous! So glad I got a minute to stop by and see your stuff today. :)

Cheryl Boglioli said...

Love, love, love the toilet paper roll album. I will definitely have to try that. What a great gift idea for a new baby or a new home album!! And of course, the card is delightful and so is the Towel Critter page. Almost makes me want to go on a cruise even though I get seasick so easy! ;-)

Divinewoman said...

Aymee,
This card is beautiful. What a beautiful pumpkin!!