A Scraphappy Southernbelle

Monday, May 3, 2010

Scrapbook Circle May Reveals

Hey yall! Happy Monday! It's time to start another week and another month. As usual, I can't believe another new month is here! Jeesh! Time is going by way too fast for me. But maybe that means summer will go by quick...LOL. I don't care for the heat. I like the spring and fall! :)
Anyways, I wanted to share a few of my May design team reveals for Scrapbook Circle. This May kit is awesome!!! Be sure to check back tomorrow for another reveal, more info on the kit, AND a chance at a prize!!!! Wink Wink!
"Urban Cowboy"
This layout is of my nephew Carter. I have to tell you the story behind this page. I came home one day with this gaudy looking hat that I had acquired at a scrapbooking convention. It was a felt cowboy hat that was pink with black flames! Well, Carter had to have it. He was so funny looking! He was stripped down to nothing but undies (fyi...Carter is one of those kids who hates clothes and if he is at home, it's undies all the way! LOL). He had the hat on and carried around his toy gun. He peeked up from under the hat long enough for my Mom to snap a pic. This face just cracks me up!!! Ha ha! Anyways, about the layout....everything you see, with the exception of the cardboard, cardstock, and staples, were pulled from the May kit at Scrapbook Circle. I used the EK Success 'Swiss Cheese' border punch on some teal gemstone cardstock to mimic the pattern on some of the patterned paper. I stapled the jute trim to mimic a 'rope lasso.' I used the Helmar Adhesive Runner and Helmar 450 Quick Dry on this layout.
To show some of the cutwork and dimension.... (Don't you love this Crate Paper??!!! I just love the pattern! It was begging to be cut. Also, be sure to stay tuned this week....I have another idea that I have used this paper with...tee hee.)
"Pickin' Punkins"
Another layout of Carter....this time at the pumpkin patch. He insisted on picking up his own pumpkin, but it looks like the one he chose might of been a tad on the heavy side. I started out this layout with a base of embossed Coredinations cardstock that came in the kit. I sanded it a bit so you could see the embossing. I then laid a shaped paper template over the top and used some Glimmer Mist in 'Coffee Shop' to mist the edges. After it dried, I used my sewing machine to add a stitch to help define the shape. I love the Crate Paper chipboard that came in this kit! It is just the coolest! I used the Helmar adhesive runner and Helmar Zap dots on this page.
See that face? ROFL! Gotta love him!
To show some dimension...I used Helmar Zap Dots to pop up the chipboard.
"He Smiles....And Our Hearts Sing"
Next up, another Carter layout using a photo that I love. I found the idea for this title in an old scrapbooking magazine that I was browsing through while waiting at the doctors office, so a scrap lift on that part. Everything on this page, with the exception of the alphas, brads, and the ric rac, are from the May kit. The alphas are some older Jillibean Soup that I have in my scrappy stash. I am still on the quest to use up some of my older supplies and clean house a tad. I sanded the edges of this photo. I also used a set of Marvy Uchida scalloped oval punches. Also, once again, I used Helmar Zap Dots and the Helmar Adhesive runner on this page. Love me some Helmar!
Isn't he cute?!! I think so, but I guess I am partial! Tee Hee!

As always, thanks for stopping by today! I hope you have a fabulous week!!! Take care of yourselves and Happy Scrappin'!!!!

Pin It!

3 comments:

shari said...

Aymee, Once again fabulous layouts! I love how you used the tool and jute around the picture. Shari (cricutrookie)

TraciVee said...

As always-FAB layouts! Love your work :)

Liz said...

He is so so precious