A Scraphappy Southernbelle

Thursday, May 27, 2010

It Certainly Is 'Sweet'!!!

Hey yall! Happy Thursday!!! I hope you all are enjoying this gorgeous afternoon! The weather here is just about perfect! The sun is shining and a light breeze is blowing...I love it. I finally feel like summertime is here. With our funky weather these past few weeks, it felt almost like the end of winter/beginning of Spring. Just looking out my window today immediately got my creative juices going and I had a bundle of energy. So, as I sat down to play, the doorbell rang. It was the mailman with my June kit for Scrapbook Circle. I was more excited than usual because I ordered the 2 extra add-on's that come with this kit. I saw the June add-on from Echo Park and immediately had to tear into it and play. I just love these papers and embellishments! They are so beautiful! I immediately noticed the pinwheel patterned paper and decided to make some pinwheels of my own to match. Of course, I had to pull out my favorite Helmar adhesives for this page. I used a combination of the Quick Fix Adhesive Runner, Scrap Dots, and Zap Dots. Also, I got the opportunity to play with my new toy...the Imaginisce I-Top Brad Maker. I picked this up this past weekend while teaching with Cristal in KY. It took me a few tries to get it down, but I think I have it now and this is going to be a new favorite toy. I just love how I now have the chance to make a brad to match anything I am working on just by using this tool and some patterned paper! Love it! Now, everything you see here (except the pearls, Jenni Bowlin alphas on the banner, Coredinations cardstock, and thread) were all pulled from the kit.
"Sweet Summertime" (the name of this kit inspired my title)
This is Carter Tarter enjoying the pool on Memorial Day 2006. I miss him being this age!!! But he still is a sweet little boy. AND guess what?!! He is coming to see us this weekend! Yay!
To show dimension of the pinwheels...I used Helmar Scrap Dots to adhere these.

I hope you have enjoyed this layout today. It is so great to be back to scrappin'!!!! I have missed sitting at my desk to create and blogging! I am now off to work on another layout, which I will share with yall tomorrow. I also am working on some Sesame Street stuff that someone ordered. I will share that too as soon as I finish. As always, THANK YOU so much for stopping by my blog! I really appreciate it! Have a fabulous afternoon and Happy Scrappin'!

Pin It!

5 comments:

Diana Waite said...

WONDERFUL job! Love what you did with this add on, I need to get it out today!

Sammye Jo said...

HOW BEAUTIFUL!!!! SO happy tp have met you this past weekend! Added you to my blog roll as well :)

xoxo-sj

Ziggyeor said...

Very cute! I love those pinwheels.

Unknown said...

What a beautiful page. Love the pin wheels and the banner.

kim.mom said...

GORGEOUS LO!! Love the pinwheels...how did you make those?