A Scraphappy Southernbelle

Monday, May 31, 2010

Celebrating Dads and Grads At The Cuttlebug Spot

Hey yall! Happy Monday! Happy Memorial Day! I have company at my house and we are having a ball! My Mom, brother, sister-in-law, and nephew came up for a short visit. It's been so fun having company!!! I haven't had much time to scrap, but that is ok....I can always scrap later. But I did sit down yesterday to make a card. As some of you may know, we took the month of May off at The Cuttlebug Spot for some much needed rest. However, we are starting things back up again this week. This weeks challenge is 'Dads & Grads' and I believe it is set to post on the Cuttlebug Blog tomorrow. Nilda is feeling a little under the weather, hence the delay. Feel better Nilda! We are creating either Father's Day or Graduation projects. I chose to make a Father's Day card. I used the Houndstooth and Distressed Stripes embossing folders on this card. I dug into my scrap bins for all of the materials on this card. I am still on a mission to use up some of my scraps. This card is a basic easel card...one of my fave card designs. I also did a bit of stitching with my sewing machine and used a Martha Stewart border punch. Of course, I used some of my fave Helmar adhesives on this project. I used Helmar 450 Quick Dry Adhesive to adhere the ribbon and the card front to the base. I used Helmar Quick Fix Adhesive Runner for attaching the rest of the card and Helmar Zap Dots to pop up the button and calendar card.
'Happy Father's Day'
The calendar card is from Jenni Bowlin and I circled the day that Father's Day lands on.
These alphabets are from Kaisercraft.
I received this button in a button swap years ago. I cut the tag out using my Sure Cuts A Lot Software and Cricut Expression. The ribbon is from American Crafts and the brown twine is from Jillibean.



Be sure to head on over to The Cuttlebug Spot tomorrow and check out the other dt projects if ya can!!! As always, thanks for stoppin' by my blog! I hope you all have a wonderful holiday! I am going to spend the day working on some layouts using the June kit from Scrapbook Circle. The kit looks so yummy and I can't wait to dig in! I will share those with ya on Tuesday.

Happy Scrappin'!!

Pin It!

4 comments:

Precious Memories Scrapbooking & More said...

great card Aymee

Valerie said...

Love, Love this card. I really need to try using my sewing machine. I really like the added touch.

Thanks,
Valerie

Audrey Frelx said...

What an adorable card!!! Love the color combination!

So glad you and your family are enjoying each other. Have fun!!!

Melissa said...

What a gorgeous card Amyee! I love the colors on this!