A Scraphappy Southernbelle

Wednesday, May 5, 2010

Bee Mine

Mornin' Yall! I hope you are having a marvelous day so far! I am up and at 'em early. I wanted to take a minute to blog before I start my day. I have a layout I wanted to share with you. This layout features the Cri-Kits gelly pens that I have been using lately. First, have you ever had this happen to you....you are browsing online and spot the cutest scrapbook paper. So you go around to all of your local scrappy shops and it is nowhere to be found. Yeah, you could order it, but then you would have to wait for it to arrive in the mail. Well, if you are inpatient like me at times....LOL....I have another idea for you....make your own!!!
I was browsing and found this paper from Nikki Sivils...isn't it adorable?!!!! I love it, but could not find it anywhere. So it inspired me to make my own. I went online and found a honeycomb pattern that I liked. I opened it up into Inkscape and made my own SVG. I then pulled it up in SCAL (Sure Cuts A Lot) and 'drew' it onto some Coredinations cardstock using the yellow pen from the Cri-Kits Glitter Pen set. I then found a bee and added a few bee's using the black pen. Voila'....my own patterned paper. I sanded the edges of my Coredinations cardstock a tad. Here is what my paper looks like.
"Bee Mine"
Here is the layout I created using the patterned paper. I have had a thing for bee's here lately. I cut the honeycomb pattern out using SCAL. The black checkered patterned paper is from Graphic 45. I cut the bee out using the Home Decor' cartridge. I also added in some trim, stitching, and some strips of paper that I punched with a Martha Stewart border punch. The alphas are some from my scrappy stash...Thickers. These are some that I have had for a bit and never used. I'm glad I finally used them. Also, I pulled out my favorite adhesives from Helmar for this page. I used the Helmar Adhesive Runner, Helmar Zap Dots, and Helmar 450 Quick Dry
To show dimension.....
Bumble Bee....

I will be adding the SVG's for the 2 honeycomb patterns and bee on my SVG blog. So if you would like those, hop on over to scoop 'em up.

As always, thanks for stopping by! Have a fabulous day! Happy Scrappin'!

Pin It!

8 comments:

The Jones' said...

WOW!!!!! Amyee you did it again, I am up extra extra early for work and I decided to stalk blogs things mornign and I tell you I am just amased as always. You rock girl!!

Unknown said...

Oh my gosh, what a beautiful layout. The G45 paper is aweome and I cant believe that paper you made up yourself. You are extremely talented!

Unknown said...

what a great idea to make your own paper, i love it! You are so creative. :) your new lo is adorable too!!

shari said...

You are so clever! This layout is sooo.. cute. I still don't know how to download a file, let alone use SCAL. HA. Shari (cricutrookie)

Becky Moore said...

Another un"bee"lievable layout!

Kray said...

Oh, I feel a scraplift coming on!!!

Anonymous said...

BEElieve me I understand how you feel about the bees (and the cherries, really!)
So cute to have made your own pp!

Darling page, love love love it!

Lisa said...

Wow!! Very creative. LOVE IT! :)