A Scraphappy Southernbelle

Thursday, May 20, 2010

Doing A Little Double Duty

Hey guys! Happy Thursday! Today I wanted to share a quick card that I have created with you. I spent all day yesterday preparing for my trip and doing odd jobs. When all was said and done, I still needed to sit at my scrapbooking desk and work on a card. I knew right away that I would turn to the May kit from Scrapbook Circle. This has been such a wonderful kit to work with and I knew it would make my job so much easier. I was able to pull this card together in about an hour...which is good for me. I am such a slow scrapper and can work for hours, or even days, on one project. That is why I love working with scrapbooking kits...all the supplies you need are in one place! I also wanted to do a bit of multi-tasking with this card. I needed to create a project for my weekly design team blog posting for SBC and for a challenge that is being hosted. So, that is what I have done with this card. I love being able to knock out two things with one project! I do not do it too often, but it is nice to be able to do so when you need to. All that you see, with the exception of the brown cardstock, rhinestones. and felt trim all came from the May kit. Of course, I also had to use my favorite adhesives from Helmar. I used the Helmar Quick Fix Adhesive Runner for the card, Helmar Zap Dots to pop the butterflies up for dimension, and Helmar Quick Dry Craft Glue to adhere the felt trim.
"Thanks"
I cut these butterflies out using my Cuttlebug Butterfly die/embossing combo. After cutting them out, I decided to spritz them with a bit of 'Coffee Shop' Tattered Angels Glimmer Mist. I just love the way this stuff shimmers! So awesome! I also added some rhinestones for bling.

Well, that is all for me today. I hope you have enjoyed this post. I am off for a little scrappy vacay in TN and KY! I will be back home on Sunday and back to scrappin' by Monday! I'll be sure to blog about the trip for you guys! So, I will go ahead and wish all of you a happy weekend! I hope you can find some time to relax, go out on the town, or do whatever it is that you like to do! :) As always, thanks for visiting and Happy Scrappin'!

Pin It!

4 comments:

shari said...

I love your card, the butterflies are so pretty! Have a great time on your trip. Shari (cricutrookie)

A Sarasota said...

Love the card! Especially the Carolina blue pop of felt trim!
alecia

scrappinlil said...

Wow you did a fantastic job..love the colors. Hope you have a wonderful trip. TFS

Karen AKA Soccerboyzmom said...

Have a great trip. I am also away for the weekend going to a wedding. I will get some pictures to scrap later.