A Scraphappy Southernbelle

Saturday, June 18, 2011

Ticket To Ride

Happy Saturday Everyone! I hope you are having a grand weekend so far! I have a new project to share with you today. I have been working on this project all week long! I don't think I have ever worked on a project as long as I worked on this one. I wanted to add a lot of fun details and it took me a bit of time. But, it was all well worth it because I am so happy with this project! I just love anything that is carnival/county fair themed. So I have created a 'Carnival Funhouse' Gift Box that is filled with 10 cards. Here is my finished project:

"Carnival Funhouse" Gift Box
Supplies
Cardstock: The Paper Studio, Core'dinations, Bazzill Basics Paper, The Paper Company
Patterned Paper: Sassafras
Rhinestones, Pearls: Queen & Co
Ribbon: Offray
Lace: Fancy Pants Designs
Glitter Glue: Stickles (Ranger Industries)
Ink: Colorbox (Clearsnap)
Pen: Stampin' Up!
Electronic Cutter: Cricut Expression (Provo Craft)
Electronic Cutter Software: Sure Cuts A Lot (Craft Edge)
SVG's: SVG Cuts (and I handmade a few myself)

My gift box was created by using the 'Peony Cottage' gift box file found HERE at SVGCuts.com. If you have SCAL, I highly recommend this set of files! This Peony Cottage is so versatile! It can be turned into anything from a cute little house, to a haunted house, to a gingerbread house, to a carnival funhouse! LOL. AND they are having a sale right now! So scoop it up while you can! Also, I used a set of files called 'A Day At The Carnival', also from SVGCuts.com. Those can be found HERE. I created the 'coaster tracks' and 'half circle scalloped banner' myself using Inkscape. If you would like either the coaster tracks or the banner svg's, shoot me an email at aymee810@yahoo.com and I'll be glad to share with ya!

I wanted my funhouse to have a roller coaster ride going around the outside and 'into the funhouse.' As you can see, the riders of the coaster go around the box and then 'inside the mouth' of the clown to ride on the inside in the dark. I adhered my coaster tracks so that they are going up and down. This also gave my gift box a lot of dimension.

(Note: You can click on any of these pictures to make them bigger and then just hit the back button to return to this post.)
I wanted the rooftop of my house to resemble the red/white striped tents you see at the carnival. To achieve this look, I first cut out my rooftop in red and put it together as per the instructions. I then cut out the roof again in white and used my scissors to hand cut the stripes at an angle. The lines aren't perfectly spaced, but I was pleased with how they came out. Also, around the roof, I placed miscellaneous candies and treats like you see painted on the buildings at the fair. I added the half circle banner to also provide some fair looking fun.
 Here is a view of the right hand side of my box. The 3-D windows near the bottom also came with the 'Peony Cottage' set of files from SVG Cuts. I added some cotton candy to the front of my window. And as you can see, the coaster track goes around the window. At the top, I have 2 corn dogs criss crossed. I added a bit of ink to the top portion of the corn dogs to make them more realistic. I also have a little man walking on stilts on the front of my funhouse.
 Here is a view of the left hand side of the funhouse. It pretty much mirrors the right hand side. Also, you can see a car of riders on the coaster tracks going by. I just loved this svg in the set. It's so cute!
 Up close to show the dimension of the window and coaster tracks...
 Here is the back of my funhouse. Again, you see the coaster tracks going around. I added another clown that would thrill the riders as they go by! LOL. For the roof, I added a lighted sign, a few treats, and the word 'funhouse'...all from the 'A Day At The Carnival' SVG set.
 Up close of the car and riders inside...didn't I tell you it was cute?! I love SVG Cuts.com!!!!
 I adhered this car at an angle using my Liquid Scrap Dots.
 Now, here is a view of the roof being taken off to show the gift box inside...
 I have 10 A2 sized note cards and envelopes tucked inside.
Now, since my funhouse was so ornate, I decided to go more simple with the note cards that were tucked inside.

"Funhouse" Note Cards
Supplies
Cardstock: The Paper Studio, Core'dinations, Bazzill Basics Paper
Patterned Paper: Sassafras
Rhinestones: Queen & Co, The Paper Studio
Glitter Glue: Stickles (Ranger Industries)
Star Punch: Creative Memories
Embossing Machine: Cuttlebug (Provo Craft)
Embossing Folder: Cuttlebug (Provo Craft), Swiss Dots
Electronic Cutter: Cricut Expression (Provo Craft)
Electronic Software: Sure Cuts A Lot (Craft Edge)
SVG's: SVGCuts.com

I left each of these cards blank on the inside.

"Hot Air Balloon" Card
"Caramel Apple" Card
 "Lemonade" Card
 "Cotton Candy" Card
 "Carousel Horse" Card
 "Popcorn" Card
Whoo! Ok, is that not the longest post ever?! LOL! But, I wanted to share with you what I had accomplished this week! I hope you have enjoyed this post!

If you would like to see more takes on the 'Peony Cottage' set of files, head on over to the SVG Cuts Facebook page! Man on man, there are some cute ideas over there! I am always amazed!

Thanks for visiting my blog! I hope you have a wonderful weekend!
Happy Scrappin'!!!
Pin It!

18 comments:

mommaidwf said...

Oh my gosh Aymee, that is simply AMAZING! You really outdid yourself this time. That is just so cute, and absolutely stunning. Your attention to all the little details really pays off. I love it!

Andrea Amu said...

Simply adorable!! Well worth the time!

Anonymous said...

OHHHHHH my this turned out absolutley amazing.... You are awesome.....

Mary B. said...

WOW Aymee! Wow wow wow, this is amazing! It's SO summery and I love all the details - even the cute little pretzels! The notecards inside are adorable too! Thanks for sharing! :) ~Mary

Audrey Frelx said...

Amy, OMG, how beautiful!!! I have to agree you really outdid yourself!

Therese said...

Your fun house idea is so adorable, great job!

Joanna said...

Oh my goodness! This is amazing! I love all the details and those cards are so fun... Great job!

Therese said...

I totally love how you made this funhouse a box to hold greeting cards, what a great gift idea too!

Formerly known as: Queen of Bling said...

This has to be one of the most amazing projects I have ever seen!!!! This would even be awesome to present some awesome theme park tickets to the kids as a suprise or something 2! I am so glad I saw this link on facebook. Beautiful work!!!

Amy (aka Aimitup) said...

Awesome project - love it!!!

Jackie Lilly said...

Wow! That's incredible. You did a fantastic job putting it all together.

Cathy said...

Awesome..your got a lot of nice things accomplished.

sharon g said...

I was thinking that it would also make a really cute bank!! LOVE this project.

Leanne said...

OMG! This is just jaw dropping gorgeous!! Love all the details you have put in and love the papers you used! I LOVE IT ALL!! Hugs, Leanne

CityGirl Planners said...

Unbelievably amazing! One of the best projects I have ever seen!

Becki @ happycardfactory.blogspot.com

cal8007 said...

Excellent use of the SVG files. Love all the awesome cards and especially the fun huse!

Happy cutting!

Carmen L

Sharon Gifford said...

Love it! Now I wanna make another one but just like this! :)

LMGentzler said...

Hi Aymee,
Your "Ticket to Ride" carnival themed project is absolutely super. I've just completed 5 large layer upon layer projects for my grand-daughter so I can really appreciate all of the hard work you put into this.
Wouldn't Knoebel's or Hersheypark love to have your project to display somewhere?......under glass, of course. LOL
Hugs from PA to PA :-)