A Scraphappy Southernbelle

Friday, June 24, 2011

Operation Write Home Challenge: Day 6 & 7

Hey y'all! Happy Friday! I hope you are enjoying a wonderful weekend so far! I've been at my scrappy desk today. I managed to finish 2 more cards for the 'Operation Write Home' Challenge and a layout. I'll take pix of the layout tomorrow and post it. But today, I thought I'd hop online and do a blog post with the 2 cards I finished. First up...

"I'm Wild About You"

Supplies Used
Card Base: The Paper Studio
Cardstock: Bazzill Basics Paper, The Paper Studio
Patterned Paper: Jillibean Soup
Die Cut: K & Company
Rhinestones: Studio 18
Trim: Ribbon FX (Hobby Lobby)
Twine: Divine Twine
Corner Punch: EK Success
Border Punch: Martha Stewart Crafts
Adhesive: Helmar Quick Fix Adhesive Runner, Helmar 450 Quick Dry Adhesive, Helmar Liquid Scrap Dots

This card is for Day 6 of the Operation Write Home Challenge. The specs of the challenge are to create a masculine card and to use twine. Well, I don't know how masculine you would call this card. Masculine projects are not my forte'. LOL. But the little monkey on this die cut looked like a boy to me and was the inspiration behind my patterned papers and embellishments. The colors red and brown together also look masculine to me. So although this card may be a tad cutesy, I did my best and am happy with it.
 
"In Sympathy"

Supplies Used
Card Base: The Paper Studio
Cardstock: The Paper Studio
Patterned Paper: Crate Paper
Rub On: Kaisercraft
Ribbon: Ribbon FX (Hobby Lobby)
Thread: Coats & Clark
Border/Edge Punch Combo: Martha Stewart Crafts
Electronic Cutter, Cartridge: Cricut (Provo Craft), Home Decor'
Embossing Machine, Embossing Folder: Cuttlebug (Provo Craft), Swiss Dots
Adhesive: Helmar Quick Fix Adhesive Runner, Helmar 450 Quick Dry, Helmar Zap Dots
Other: sewing machine

This card is for day 7 of the challenge. The specs of the challenge are to create a sympathy card. I used a palette of blues, creams, and blacks. I tried to keep this card formal looking.

See you tomorrow! Have a great evening!

Happy Scrappin' to ya!
Pin It!

3 comments:

mommaidwf said...

Girl that monkey is SO cute!!! And the sympathy card is beautiful and elegant. I really love seeing your work :).

Sheila aka SassyLady said...

Look at you go girl. Quantity with those gorgeous cards. TFS

Kray said...

Oh, I love these!!!!