A Scraphappy Southernbelle

Monday, June 6, 2011

A 'Thank You' Card

Hey y'all! I hope you are having a fabulous day so far! I sat down this morning in my scrappy studio and created a card that I'd like to share with you today. I created this card to send to my MIL (mother in law). As you may know, we just got back from Alabama visiting family. Well, while we were there, my wonderful MIL and I went to tan almost every day. It was so nice of her to buy my tan package and I had a ball hanging out with her. So I wanted to create a card to let her know how thankful I am. I tell you guys, I am so blessed to have one of the best MIL's on the planet! She is just such a wonderful lady and I think of her as a second mom!

"Thank You" Card
Supplies Used
Cardstock: The Paper Studio, Core'dinations, Bazzill Basics Paper
Patterned Paper: Pink Paislee
Chipboard Alphabet Stickers: BasicGrey
Twine: Divine Twine
Pearls: Queen & Co
Rub On's: Cosmo Cricket, Kaisercraft
Glitter Glue: Stickles (Ranger), Eucalyptus
Embossing Machine: Cuttlebug (Provo Craft)
Embossing Plate: Sizzix (Ellison)
Electronic Cutter: Cricut (Provo Craft)
Electronic Software: Sure Cuts A Lot (Craft Edge)
SVG's: My Scrap Chick (Beachy Kids, 30 Boxes & More)

This card base was cut from cardstock using my Cricut and the 'Square Scallop' card from My Scrap Chick. The card file came along with the '30 Boxes & More' set of svg files that I purchased. If you would like to see those, go HERE. I then layered patterned papers from Pink Paislee and cardstock. The top piece of white cardstock is from the 'Gemstones' Core'dinations collection. I embossed this sheet of cardstock with my Cuttlebug. I created the banner with a svg file that I made myself. I adhered it with my Liquid Scrap Dots. I then added some chipboard alpha's, glitter glue, and twine. I then decided I wanted to create a patterned background, so I used my SCAL to cut out random sized circles for a polka dot background. Here is the front:
For the inside of the card, I wanted to use the oh so cute 'Wendy & Wade/Beachy Kids' SVG files from My Scrap Chick. I just adore these and have been wanting to cut out little Wendy laying on the beach towel for months. So that is what I did for the inside of the card. I made her little bikini and towel match the card. I used some rub-on's from Cosmo Cricket to jazz up the bottle of lotion that is laying on the bottom of the towel a tad. For the sentiment on the inside, that too is a rub on. It's from Kaisercraft. Now isn't little Wendy the cutest?!!! I giggle each time I see her! (If you are interested, HERE is the link to this set of SVG files. You'll have to scroll down a ways to see it.)
 Isn't she adorable all spread out on her towel catching some sun? It makes me want to go and lay out for the day!
 I popped up the banner pieces for some added dimension.
Finished off the back of the card with my custom stamp.
Thanks for droppin' by my blog today! Have a wonderful evening!
Happy Scrappin'!!!
Pin It!

5 comments:

Sonya said...

What a wonderful card!! Love the paper you picked!

kim.mom said...

SUPER CUTE!!! She is going to love that!

Joanna said...

Sooo cute!!

Jona Panesa said...

its so cute and congrats on your Momenta Gig!

Sheila aka SassyLady said...

This is a wonderful card! Love the colors and the papers your chose. TFS