A Scraphappy Southernbelle

Wednesday, June 22, 2011

Operation Write Home Challenge: Day 4 & 5

Happy Wednesday everyone! I hope you are having a wonderful day! I have been working at my scrappy desk today having a grand old time! I was able to finish 1 layout and 2 cards. I will have to share the layout at a later date as it is for Momenta...my very first Momenta project actually. I am so excited about it! Those Momenta products are just beyond adorable and so fun to work with!!!

Anyways, I created my cards for day 4 & 5 of the 'Operation Write Home' challenge that I am participating in. As you may already know, these cards will be sent overseas to our soldiers so that they may write to their loved ones. I am keeping all of these cards fairly simple and not dimensional. I wanted them to fit into the envelopes and be easy to mail. So here we go with the next two...

"Hello"
Supplies Used
Cardstock: Bazzill Basics Paper, The Paper Studio
Patterned Paper: K & Company
Chipboard Alphabet Stickers: BasicGrey
Rhinestones: Queen & Co
Trims: source unknown (purchased at a local discount store)
Electronic Cutter, Cartridge: Cricut (Provo Craft), Home Decor'

This card is for day 5 of the challenge. The challenge was to use purple flowers on a card. I have purple flowers in my patterned paper.
 Love these trims. I got them each 99 cents a yard at a local discount store we have in our town called 'Surplus City.' I love that place! There is an aisle full of trims, ribbons, lace, etc. Love it!!! And it's so affordable!
 "Hi"
Supplies Used
Pre-Printed Card Base: The Paper Studio
Cardstock: The Paper Studio
Patterned Paper: Cosmo Cricket
Alphabet Stickers: Cloud 9 Design
Corner Sticker: Daisy D's
Flowers: Prima Marketing
Button: Jenni Bowlin Studio

This one is for day 4 of the challenge which required you to use red buttons on a card. I only had 1 red button in my scrappy stash, so I used it.
 Popped my flowers up just a tad with Liquid Scrap Dots.
That's all for today. Brandon and I are off to Hobby Lobby tomorrow, so I don't know if I'll get to scrap or not. But I will for sure on Friday. See you later!

Thanks for visiting my blog! Happy Scrappin'!!!
Pin It!

7 comments:

Audrey Frelx said...

Amy, these cards are beautiful!

Ashley said...

I love both of these cards, they are so cute! I wish we had a Surplus City where I live! By the way, what do you use to glue the ribbon to your cards?

Ashley
http://especiallymade.blogspot.com

Bamabel said...

Thanks guys!

Ashley,
I use Helmar 450 Quick Dry Adhesive for adhering my ribbon. I swear by that stuff! One of the BEST out there!

Monika Wright | I Love It All said...

love all your card designs!

Kray said...

I love these cards. There are times I need "simple" and great ideas I will be scraplifting!

Sheila aka SassyLady said...

Love your cards. I would love to have that surplus store near me! TFS

Jenny's Heart said...

Love them all!
Looking great!