A Scraphappy Southernbelle

Saturday, June 18, 2011

In The Mood For Cards!!!

Hey y'all! Hello again! Two blog posts in one day...I'm on a roll! I sat down at my desk tonight and created a few simple, clean line cards. While scrappin', I listened to/watched that Disney movie 'Pocohontas.' So I was able to finish all of these during the movie. So 3 cards in a little over an hour is not too bad.

First up, I wanted to play along with this weeks challenge at "She's A Sassylady." This weeks challenge is to make a card, any card, AND double it. This way we can use up those scraps and have double the cards in our card stash! What a great idea! If you'd like to play along in the challenge too, go HERE.

Now, I saw a card a few weeks ago in a magazine that had the cutest little TV stamp and the words 'you turn me on' stamped on there. Well I just had to re-create this card. It really made me giggle! So I figure I'll keep one of these cards and put it out for my hubby one day for no reason. Then I thought I'd send the other one to my Mom so she can give it to my Daddy (from her of course) for a chuckle. Here is my take on it...

"You Turn Me On"
Supplies
Pre-Printed Card Base: The Paper Studio
Cardstock: The Paper Studio
Patterned Paper: Die Cuts With A View
Pearls: Queen & Co
Corner Punch: EK Success
Electronic Cutter, Cartridge: Cricut (Provo Craft), Mickey & Friends
Software: Cricut Gypsy (Provo Craft)
Font: Bradley Hand
Other: craft wire

I cut the little retro looking TV out using my Cricut and the 'Mickey & Friends' cartridge. I created the antenna using some craft wire and adhered it to the back using my Liquid Scrap Dots. I popped it up using Zap Dots. I printed my phrase onto some cardstock using my computer. And of course since the challenge required you to make double, I made 2.
 Here's a closer view of my card. I am really loving this patterned paper from DCWV. It's so pretty!
 A bit of dimension...
 Next up, I am participating in a little project on the DIY Scrappy Message Board. We are all getting together and creating cards for 'Operation Write Home.' This is a program where crafters make cards and they send them over to our troops so they can write back home to their loved ones. I have always wanted to participate in something like this, so I am so happy Vicky got this started over on DIY. We are doing a 30 day challenge. You make a card a day for 30 days and all of those will go to the troops. The cards need to be A2 sized and CANNOT contain glitter.  If you are interested in playing along, go HERE for all the details.

Now, each day we are given instructions for our card. Today's challenge was to create a card with a pinwheel on it. Here is what I came up with. I kept it very simple and did not add much dimension at all. This way it fits into the envelope nicely.

"With Love"
Supplies
Pre Printed Card Base: The Paper Studio
Patterned Paper: Die Cuts With A View
Rhinestones: Queen & Co
Button: The Paper Studio
Rub On: Kaisercraft
Corner Punch: EK Success
Electronic Cutter, Cartridge: Cricut (Provo Craft), Home Decor'.

To create the pinwheel, I cut out 4-1 inch circles using my Cricut. I cut 2 in a bold pattern and 2 in a neutral pattern. I then cut each circle in half and alternated them to create the pinwheel.
 I lifted up the edges of the pinwheel a bit.
Thanks for stoppin' by! Have a great weekend!
Happy Scrappin'!!!
Pin It!

3 comments:

Sheila aka SassyLady said...

Aymee your card is just adorable... love the sentiment and wasn't it just too easy to do two at the same time? One for hubby and one to give away you have to love that. Thanks for joining in on the fun and playing along at She's A Sassy Lady!

Unknown said...

Your cards are so sweet!!!

Melissa said...

I like your cards so much! I'm just starting with card making, so I'm always looking for inspiration. I'm your newest follower!