A Scraphappy Southernbelle

Friday, June 3, 2011

Simple & Quick Cards

Hey y'all! Happy Friday!!! TGIF! The weekend is finally here! I plan on staying home and getting some work done. After returning from our visit in Alabama, I had so much stuff to put away. I finally got everything back in order yesterday. Now I need to organize one little corner of my scrappy studio and then get to work. I have a scrappy to do list that is a mile long! But I am ready to get started! I missed my desk and my space while I was away. So how about you? Anyone have any fun plans for the weekend?!!!

Today I wanted to hop online right quick and blog a little. I made these 2 cards about a month ago and forgot to share them. I noticed them in my pictures folder yesterday while I was cleaning up my computer and decided I better share them before I forget again! LOL. These were both fairly simple and quick to make. First up...

"Thanks"

Supplies Used
Cardstock: Bazzill Basics Paper, The Paper Studio
Patterned Paper: Die Cuts With A View
Rhinestones: Queen & Co
Brads: The Paper Studio
Twine: Divine Twine
Alphabet Stickers: American Crafts
Embossing Machine, Folder: Cuttlebug (Provo Craft), Victoria

For this card, I played with paper from the new DCWV 'Lemon Flower' stack. The stack has all yellows, greens, blacks, and a bit of silver thrown into the mix. It is different and I really loved all of the glittered papers in there. I decided to make a background pattern with my twine and used brads to lace the twine around creating the pattern. Of course, all this dimension made my alphabet letters hard to adhere. BUT, no fear because Helmar is here!!! Tee Hee! I used 450 on the back of my alpha's to make sure they would be stuck like glue! You'll have to excuse my attempt at humor today...hahaha! :) Here is this one:
"Happy Birthday"

Supplies Used
Cardstock: The Paper Studio
Patterned Paper: Die Cuts With A View
Buttons: Jenni Bowlin Studio
Lace: JoAnn
Stickers: Elle's Studio
Corner Punch: EK Success
Embossing Machine, Folder: Cuttlebug (Provo Craft), Argyle

This card took about 15 minutes to pull together, very simple. I used my Liquid Scrap Dots to adhere those fabulous buttons from JBS, which are my favorite thing on this card. The rest I could take or leave. LOL. Isn't that awful not to be crazy about your own art, but for some reason I just could not get this card to look like I had in my mind. I like the papers, but maybe I should of put them together differently. Who knows? It was just an off day I reckon'. But I figure we can't be in love with everything we create, right? Or at least that is how I feel. I hope I'm not the only one. But I thought I'd share it anyways. :)

That is all for me today! I'm off to do a little bit of cleaning and then relax with the hubby while he is home. I hope you all have a fabulous weekend! Take care!
Happy Scrappin'!!!
Pin It!

5 comments:

Sonya said...

I absolutely love what you did with that twine.....that's awesome!

I will be hitting an Archivers this weekend....doing a little retail therapy!! : )

Thanks for sharing your awesome projects with us, have a super weekend!

Sheena said...

So pretty! Love that they are simple :)

Sheila aka SassyLady said...

GREAT CARDS but I am partial to the Thanks, love the twine on it but both are awesome. It is great to travel but it is always wonderful to go home. Looking forward to see what you cook up!

Audrey Frelx said...

Love them all! They're all so pretty!

Karen AKA Soccerboyzmom said...

Love your cards, I might scrap lift them.