A Scraphappy Southernbelle

Monday, June 20, 2011

'Operation Write Home' Challenge: Day 2 & Day 3 Cards

Hey y'all! Happy Monday! I sat down at my scrappy desk this morning while the hubby was still asleep and started working. I created 2 cards for the Operation Write Home challenge. This is a challenge on the DIY message board. We are creating these cards to send to the soldiers overseas so they can write to their loved ones. Each day we have a challenge to create a card by. So here are my cards for yesterday and today...

"Hey There Sweetpea"
Supplies Used
Pre-Printed Card Base: The Paper Studio
Cardstock: The Paper Studio, Core'dinations
Patterned Paper: Cosmo Cricket
Alphabet Stickers: BasicGrey, Jenni Bowlin Studio
Twine: Divine Twine
Other: sanding block

For this card, I created a banner out of little pea pods. I cut the pea pods out of some patterned paper from Cosmo Cricket. The red cardstock in the background is some embossed cardstock from Core'dinations. I sanded it a tad. This card is for Day 2 (yesterday) of the Operation Write Home Challenge. The challenge requires you to use striped patterned paper. I have striped pattern paper in the background and my cardstock is also striped.
 I popped up the pea pods with some Zap Dots. I adhered my twine bows with Liquid Scrap Dots.
"Hello"
Supplies Used
Pre-Printed Card Base: The Paper Studio
Cardstock: The Paper Studio, Bazzill Basics Paper
Patterned Paper: The Paper Studio
Pearls: Queen & Co
Lace: Joann
Border Punch: Martha Stewart Crafts
Electronic Cutter, Cartridge: Cricut (Provo Craft), Home Decor'
Software: Cricut Gypsy (Provo Craft)
Adhesive: Helmar Quick Fix Adhesive Runner, Helmar Fray Stoppa

For today's challenge, we were asked to create a card using floral patterned paper. I chose some floral patterned paper for the background. This card is very simple and came together fairly quickly.
 I raised up the edges of my border punched papers for some dimension.
I also had time to create a layout while I was at my scrappy desk. However, it is raining here today and I cannot get a good picture. So hopefully I can snap a pic tomorrow and share with you. So I'd love for you to stop by tomorrow to see that. It is a layout for Mrs. Kiel's album.

Thanks for visiting my blog! I hope you all have a wonderful day!
Happy Scrappin' to ya!!!
Pin It!

4 comments:

Sheila aka SassyLady said...

Adorable cards. Love the pea pods and the colors you chose. TFS

Charlotte Cornett said...

love the colors you used!

Audrey Frelx said...

These cards are so pretty and I love the color combination you used!

Kray said...

I am scraplifting here big time! I may not post on each page as I will miss a couple days getting onto your blog, but I read each one....as I have always said: LOVE< LOVE< LOVE< your work! Beautiful!