A Scraphappy Southernbelle

Wednesday, April 1, 2009

You Have To Kiss Many Frogs To Find A Prince

Hey yall! How are you today? It's 'Go Kreate' Wednesdays at The Cuttlebug Spot. You can view more here: http://thecuttlebugspot.blogspot.com/ .

This week, I was asked to create a project for our featured die. The die this week is the cutest little frog you have ever seen. Here is the featured die from The Scrapping Cottage:

http://www.scrappingcottage.com/index.asp?PageAction=VIEWPROD&ProdID=3335

I love these dies! They are so fun and easy to work with! If you can, definitely go over to their site and check out their cute dies!

I decided to create a layout this week. This layout is called "You Have To Kiss Many Frogs To Find A Prince." Of course, it's a layout about my hubby, Brandon. All paper is from 'My Mind's Eye,' one of my favorite paper lines. I decided to do some paper piecing on this one. I used the Cricut Disney "Happily Ever After" cartridge for my castle. It is the 'Sleeping Beauty' castle. I cut the castle out at a 10". I pieced it together and added Stickles Glitter Glue for some added bling. Next, I cut my grass out using the Cricut Paper Doll Dress Up Cartridge at a 1 1/2". I used some ink on the tip of my blades of grass to help them stand out a bit. Then, I cut out my frog using the die from The Scrapping Cottage. I used the Swiss Dots embossing folder on the lower portion of his body. I also used Stickles Glitter Glue to bling up his crown. Next, I cut the clouds out using the Cricut Storybook cartridge and inked the edges with some blue ink. I ran these through the Cuttlebug using D'Vine Swirl. Next, I tried something a little different. I used Glossy Accents over the embossed portion of my clouds for some added dimension. It really gives them a fun and unique texture. I used Making Memories Tiny Alpha's for the top portion of the title. I used the Cricut Storybook cartridge for the 'Prince' portion of the title. I also used Stickles Glitter Glue on the 'Prince' for some bling. This was such a fun layout to create. Here it is:

Isn't he the cutest froggy ever?! I adore him! I also used a little brown chalk to bring out some of his features.

Here is a close up of my castle. This really was so easy to do. I know alot of people are intimidated by some of the paper piecing on the Disney cartridges, but I promise, if I can do it you can. The castles are so easy and quick to pull together.

Up close of my alpha's:

Up close of the clouds to show the use of Glossy Accents.
To show some dimension:

I hope you like it. I had so much fun creating this one. I would like to thank Nilda from The Cuttlebug Spot for giving me the opportunity to work with this adorable die. Thank You Nilda! I hope you all have a wonderful day! Take Care!
Pin It!

7 comments:

scrapperjulia said...

I love this layout! I love that frog too and love how you did the clouds.

michele said...

the LO is so cool..I really like how you used so many elements on it...glossy accents, folders, paper piecing, several carts, stickles, carts, and of course, the PP. GR-8 job, as usual!

Cheryl said...

This is a really cute LO! I love all your accents and your frog is fun.

AUsome mom said...

Incredible LO Aymee! I love all your use of textures on this and every LO you do. Beautiful job!
(The hubby does look princelike too!). Hugs...

Taffy said...

awesome l/o! i love it!! you''ve got this PP'g down to a science don't ya?

Maggi said...

This is very cute! I love the dimensional clouds!

Divinewoman said...

Aymee,
Your layout is beautiful. Now that castle looks like alot of work! That frog is so cute,you did such a awesome job,as usual. I really, enjoy checking out your blog and seeing your work. Thanks for your inspiration and support.