A Scraphappy Southernbelle

Monday, April 27, 2009

How 'Tweet' Of You

Hey yall! This week at The Cuttlebug Spot, the challenge is to use Teabag folding in your project. I was intro'd to this technique about a year ago and I just love it! The possibilities really are endless and it is so easy to do!! For more info, go here:

http://thecuttlebugspot.blogspot.com/

Here is my card for this week. If yall do not know by now, I have a thing for peacocks! I love them! So I knew I had to try to make one using this technique. I chose a combo of green and purple patterned papers for this card. I rarely use the color purple, so I am trying to challenge myself to use it more. I used the Swiss Dots Embossing folder on my patterned papers for the 'feathers.' Then for even more dimension, I added some real peacock feathers behind the Teabag folded ones. I used the Birds and Swirls Embossing folder on my purple polka-dotted patterned paper. I also incorporated some stitching, ribbon, Stickles glitter glue (on the purple peacock), Memory Makers Tiny Alpha's, and distressing.

This is not the world's best picture, but it was the best I could get. If you will click on the picture, it will make it bigger and you will be able to see all the little details.

I hope yall will come on over to The Cuttlebug Spot and join us! This is so much fun to do! I promise!

As always, thanks for dropping by! Take care of yourselves and have a wonderful week!

Cuttlehugs,
Pin It!

5 comments:

Jocelyn said...

Oh what a beautiful creation you have made! I just adore everything you put your hands to!! Have a great week!

Karen said...

Gorjus, just gorjus.

Love Karen (UK) xxx

Karen Brooks said...

Adorable!

Liz said...

You are so amazingly talented

Unknown said...

This card is beautiful! I never would have thought to use the technique in such a creative way. Now I'm gonna have to go play some more! Great job!