A Scraphappy Southernbelle

Tuesday, April 7, 2009

There was a whole lot of croppin' goin' on!

Hey yall! Well, my Mom and I cropped all weekend long! I tell ya, I am beat! I need to take a scrppy break for a few days! LOL. Here is what I got accomplished:

"Disney"
This LO was for a 'oversized embellishment' challenge. I used Home Decor for my oversized flower and bee's. I covered my bee's with glossy accents and gold stickles. I was going for a yellow/black/white color scheme. I've never used these colors on a LO, but I think I like 'em. LOL. I also incorporated some ribbon and buttons. Here is this one:

"Strangers In The Box"
This LO was done for a 'dated' challenge. You had to use an old photo in your LO. While digging through old family photo's, I came across this photo from the late 1800's. I know this is family on my Daddy's side, but we have no clue as to their names. We could only guess. So seeing this made me think of a poem I saw posted on a message board. I just knew I had to use it. I used Storybook for the lettering and Happily Ever After for my roses. Here it is:

The poem reads:
Come, look with me inside this drawer
In this box I've often seen
At the pictures, black and white
Faces proud, still and serene.
I wish I knew the people
These strangers in the box
Their names and all their memories
Are lost among the socks.
I wonder what their lives were like,
How did they spend their days?
What about their special times?
I'll never know their ways.
If only someone would have taken time,
To tell who, what, and when,
Those faces of my heritage
Would come to life again.
Could this become the fate
Of the pictures we take today?
The faces and the memories
Someday to be tossed away.
Make time to save your pictures
Seize the opportunity when it knocks
Or someday you and yours could be
The strangers in the box.

"Happy Easter"
I did this card for a Easter Card challenge. I couldn't resist using my Mom's 'chick' stamp. It is so cute!!!

Here is another card I did for a challenge. You had to use the colors brown and beige. Then you could add one other color of your choice, I chose blue.

"The Apple Does Not Fall Far From The Tree"
I did this LO for a spring themed challenge. When I think of spring, I think of trees and fruits in bloom. Also this pic was taken during a spring trip to the zoo. I used Cuttin' Up for the lettering, which is not showing up too well through the photo I took. But it is more noticeable in person. I used Home Accents for my apple and Stretch Your Imagination for my tree. I added some stickles to my tree top. I also incorporated some buttons. Here is this one:

Well that is all I got done on Sunday. I'm tired! LOL. Thanks for stoppin' by! Take care!
Pin It!

10 comments:

Kruemel said...

WOW - you´ve been busy. All of these are great - but I especially love the "strangers in a box" LO. I have a bunch of those photos laying around here, not wanting to toss them away but also not knowing what to do with them. Maybe I will scraplift this idea!
Hugs,
Kathrin aka Kruemel

michele said...

more fun LO's done by you. GF...you rock with your creativity. BTW, what size did you cut your flower and bee on the DIsney LO?

Anonymous said...

WOWZERS, Aymee! I am always amazed at how much you get done in such a short amount of time! Love it all!

Jocelyn said...

So pretty Aymee!! Love the journaling!! Wishing you a wonderful Tuesday!!

Maggi said...

You got a lot done and it all looks fabulous! Get some rest now! lol

Bamabel said...

Michele...I cut that at a 4". :)

michele said...

Thanks, Aymee!

DonnaMundinger said...

Holy moley Aymee! It would take me a month to accomplish what you did in a DAY! You're one AMAZING chickie. I love it all, but your "Strangers" LO really spoke to me. I have boxes of old photos from both sides of my family with no one left to identify them. So sad. xxD

Anonymous said...

Awesome LO's girlfriend!!!!

Check my blog - I left you a suprise!!!!

Rheannon said...

Wowzers girl! You're amazing! This is great stuff and a lot of it! Way to go. I have to say your use of ribbon in your layouts is really great. I love how you add so much depth and texture just by applying it a bit different. I'll be using that :)
Hugs
Rheannon