A Scraphappy Southernbelle

Monday, April 20, 2009

Take The Cake

Hey yall! This week at The Cuttlebug Spot, we have a yummy challenge! The challenge this week is called "Take The Cake." All you have to do is create a project with a cake or cupcake on it. I decided to make these 2 cake boxes. I cut each box out using the Cricut 'Tags, Bags, Boxes, and More' Cartridge. Then I decorated each of them. Here they are:




On this piece, I used the Martha Stewart Drippy Goo punch to mimic 'dripping icing.' I used my hot glue gun to bunch up the pink polka dotted ribbon at the top. I also incorporated some rhinestones on the top.


I used some pink pom pom trim around the outer edge. I LOVE pom pom trim! It is so fun to work with!


On the back, I used the Cuttlebug 'Distressed Stripes' embossing folder.






On this slice of 'cake' I used the Swiss Dots embossing folder around the edge on my patterned paper. I also used the Butterfly die/embossing folder combo for the butterfly on the top. I also incorporated some sheer ribbon, rhinestones, and a flower.




On the back, I used some pink trim to mimic 'icing.' I tried to layer it a tad.





I had a blast making these for this week. Come on over to The Cuttlebug Spot and join us in this yummy challenge! I'd love to see your sweet creations!!!




As always, thanks for stopping by! Take care!
Pin It!

16 comments:

Karen said...

STUNNING work Aymee !

Love Karen (UK) xxx

Anonymous said...

YUMMY! Aymee, what a fantastically delicious job you did on these! Love everything about them, especially that ribbon frosting!

Kruemel said...

Aymee, these look so yummy! I don´t know where to start telling you how much I love them. There are so many details you placed on your cakes, the ribbon on the back of the second one is such a great idea... Just love them both! You probably better take them down of that plate or someone from your family will have a bite... ;o)
Cuttlehugs,
Kathrin aka Kruemel

Unknown said...

Wow, these are gorgeous! Awesome job gf!

Jocelyn said...

Oh so beautiful and these are the best kinds of cake, no calories but so yummy!!! Love your work!!! Happy Monday!

Angela said...

These are so pretty, I love all the decorations you have added.

scrappin_mom3 said...

Beautiful work A--- so many great details I love!! You ribbon work is awesome, one of these days I'm gonna have to give that a try on a LO!! Your cake boxes definitely "Take the Cake" gf!!

Hugs!!
K

The Princess said...

I LOVE THEM!! Great job. Do have a cut file for the cake box?? If so, I would LOVE it...please send my way!!

Hugs, Sara
sarabrinker@gmail.com

Crazy For Scrapping said...

This is beautiful, I just love it, TFS

poupetteval said...

wowwwwwwwwwwww such amazing !!!!!!!!!!! do you think they'll support the shipping to france ?? lollllllllllllll

June Houck said...

Your cake slices are amazing. I have been admiring the detail on the CB blog. The use of the border punches is pure genius (especially the Halloween one...perfect for a cake slice!!!) The pink ribbon on the back as fluffy icing and the pom poms too...WONDERFUL! These are so yummy :)

Susan (peebsmama) said...

When I saw this on the design team gallery of the Cuttlebug Spot blog I was totally blown away. How do you even think of these things! Just making the 3D shaped boxes would have been overwhelming for me but you went above and beyond with all the lovely details and trims. WOW!

Unknown said...

Hi Aymee! I have something for you. Please click below.

For My Friend!

DonnaMundinger said...

Wow Aymee these are yummy as all get out! LOVE all of your fabulous details. Hugs, D

Rheannon said...

Your deffinately take the cake, lol! These are great girl! You're so creative and fun. I love all the embelishments, the bling, the pom-poms are to die for :) Very nice.
Hugs
Rheannon

Rissa said...

omg how fricken cute are those!!