Happy Valentine's Day Everyone! I know, I know...you are probably thinking, has Aymee gone crazy with that blog title post today?! LOL! Well, I made this card for my hubby for Valentine's Day. It's my attempt at humor...kinda corny, I know, but I am hoping the hubby will get a good laugh out of it. Brandon and I are a lovey dovey type of couple. We do and say sweet things for one another every single day, so on Valentine's Day, I sometimes like to surprise him with cards that are humorous. So I hope he will like this.
I created this card for the current Gypsy Challenge on the Gypsy Chat section of the Cricut message board. The challenge specs were to:
1. make a Valentine's Day card-check
2. 1 weld- check (I welded the hamburger onto the flourished frame. I also welded 2 hearts together and then welded them on the frame as well.)
3. Use a heart-check (I have 2 hearts on this card.)
As you may can tell by this card, I received a new (or new to me) Cricut cartridge in the mail last week...the Simply Charmed cartridge. I fell in love with this cart the minute I saw it! It is just too dang cute! Well, I began looking at it and chose the hamburger because it made me laugh. I used my Gypsy to design the card and cut it out on my Cricut Expression. I also used:
1. Patterned Paper: Fancy Pants Designs
2. Cardstock: The Paper Studio
3. Glitter Glue-Ranger Industries
4. Pearls: Queen & Co.
5. Rub On's-Cherry Arte
6. Rhinestones-Imaginisce (put these on using my I-Rock Tool)
7. Ink: Colorbox (Clearsnap)
8. Stamp: Peachy Keen
10. Cartridges Used: Thanksgiving (card and frame), Wild Card (sentiment), Plantin' Schoolbook (hearts), Simply Charmed (burger)
Here is my card:
Doesn't this little hamburger give you the giggles?! It did me! LOL!
Used Helmar Zap Dots to pop up the hearts and burger for some added dimension:
Inside of card: (I'll write a cute note on the right hand side)
I hope this gave you a chuckle, if not, you'll have to excuse my attempt at humor! LOL! I am a bit corny! Ha ha ha ha!
I hope you all have a fabulous Valentine's Day today! Enjoy your time with your significant other!
Thanks for visiting my blog!