A Scraphappy Southernbelle

Saturday, December 19, 2009

Two New Boardbooks....

Happy Saturday everyone! I hope you are enjoying a wonderful weekend! We are under a bunch of snow and it is chilly! Brrrr! It's still snowing too! Snow, snow, go away!!! Coming from the south, you think you would enjoy the snow since we did not get many when I lived in the south. Well, we had one snow up here in PA when we first moved and I am so over it already! LOL. But anyways, I wanted to share with you 2 new boardbooks I finished up this week. These were ordered from a lady who wanted to give her Mom and Dad one for Christmas. The Dad one is decorated in a rooster theme and the Mom in an antique, feminine theme. I hope you can tell with these pix. Again, I love creating these, but HATE to photo them!! Ugh! But maybe you can tell. I designed each of these in Inkscape and cut them with using SCAL and my Cricut.

First up, here is the Dad book. I had so much fun with this one!!!! Love the papers and the roosters!!! I designed the rooster in Inkscape. I used the Distressed Stripes embossing folder for the photo mats. These papers are from Graphic 45 and Creative Imaginations





Mom book...At this point, my Cricut had died!!! :( Had a little accident and it looks like I'll be buying a new one. I had cut the book and the paper that goes over the chipboard, but not any of the embellishments. So I cut all of them on a borrowed Cricut using the Storybook and Home Accents cartridges. I added a lot of bling/pearls to this one. I used a Martha Stewart border punch called 'double ring' on this one for the photo mats. I embossed the mats with the Swiss Dots embossing folder. I also adore the paper for this one. The blues/pinks/reds are some of my fave. All of this paper is from K&Co. Here it is...





That's all from me today. I have been working all week on an altered project for a contest and some layouts/cards using the kits from Kitz Girlz and Tallyscrappers. As soon as I can get some photos, I'll share those things as well. Enjoy your weekend everyone! Thanks for stoppin' by!!!! Happy Scrappin'!

post signature

Pin It!

8 comments:

Etha said...

Oh such gorgeous board books!! Love both of them, I can tell you had a lot of fun making these :)

Dawnll said...

Oh my goodness these are fabulous! I am so in awe of these wonderful board books.Great job sweetie!

Anonymous said...

bella~my Aymee
you craft and bring forward the most beautiful and inspirational things. I am so proud to be an electronic friend of yours.....enjoy the holidays

DonnaMundinger said...

Wow Aymee! Gorgeous stuff here! I'm so sorry about your Cricky! well Santa doesn't have to worry too much on what to leave for you under the tree! Have a Merry Christmas. xxD

Dayna said...

Beautiful boardbooks! Sorry to hear about your Cricut:( Thanks for the inspiration.

Kathie said...

My husband LOVES roosters. That book would be so perfect for him! Very creative. Love the mom book too. Thanks for sharing!

Lydia Siegel said...

Amyee, these book are fabulous!

Unknown said...

These are fabulous! Thanks for sharing! I have shared them on my blog at http://scrappinoutloud.blogspogspot.com