A Scraphappy Southernbelle

Thursday, August 20, 2009

Croppin' With Michele...

Hey yall! How are ya on this Thursday? Ready for the weekend?! I am because....it looks like Michele and I are gonna get together and crop again tomorrow!!!! Whoo hoo! I was afraid this would be a boring weekend since the hubby is working, but now I have something to look forward to! Yay!

So yesterday I went to my good friend, Michele's, house for some girl time. We had such a good time croppin'! We always do! I only finished 2 LO's, but that was ok. I enjoyed chattin' it up! First, I'd love to share with you what Michele accomplished too! She did the cutest page of little Aiden! He is the cutest little thing. Here is the link to her blog..go check it out! She is one awesome designer!

http://alighttouch.blogspot.com/

Now, here are my 2 layouts. First, this one is called 'Sweethearts.' I cut the title using the Lyrical Letters cartridge. This is for a challenge on TS where you were to use at least 5 patterned papers on your page. I chose 5 patterned papers from Jenni Bowlin. I added this along with the photos on a cream colored background. I hope you can see. It is a very minimal, clean page...not my usual style, but I enjoyed changing up a bit. I also added some twine. Here it is:



"I'm Grateful..."
Next, this layout was created for my sister in law, Caressa. Yall, I have one of the best sister in law's in the world. Not only is she a great friend, but she is a great mother. I am so glad Carter has her for a Mom. She is the best and I love her very much. I hope she will always know that. I cut the title for this one out with Lyrical Letters. The pin and stars are rub ons. I also added some bling and ribbon. The journaling reads:
Caressa,
I am so very grateful that Carter has a Mommy like you!!! You are and have always been the best Mom! You take time to teach him new things and show him new places! You always make sure that he is taken care of! I love you and thank you for being so great!!!
I also tried a little something new on this one. I used my Crop-A-Dile on this one to go around the perimeter of the layout to punch holes. I then threaded twine through these holes. I wanted it to help frame the page and it gives it a great county feel to it. Here it is:



Thanks for stoppin' by! I hope you have a great day today!!!
Pin It!

10 comments:

michele said...

fun times were had by all...and all I am going to say is you are too much with your blog post today. LOL

Beth aka BR-T said...

These layouts are so amazing, Aymee you are such an inspiration! BR-T

Taffy said...

those are adorable! I really love the circle one! :) I may have to lift that from you! :)

Unknown said...

Again, just stunning! You never fail to inspire Aymee!

MrsMomma said...

These are great!

Kaye's Crafty Place said...

Aymee as simple (as you call it) as the first layout is it is still beautiful. The second layout is stunning, your sister in law is going to be in tears when she reads what you have written, just beautiful.

hugs
Kaye x

Kray said...

So very cute...once again!

Michelle said...

What is TS? Your layouts are great!

Gail Knowles said...

Your new LO's are fabulous !! Love the one of your sister in law and you nephew... the journaling is very sweet and I love the papers.

Lydia said...

Sounds like a fun night, love the cherry papers. Really nice layouts!