A Scraphappy Southernbelle

Monday, September 26, 2011

My Craft Spot Challenge #27-Ribbon

Hey y'all! Happy Monday! I hope you all had a wonderful weekend! Today we have a new challenge going up at My Craft Spot and it focuses on one of my absolute favorite scrappy supplies...ribbon!!! Who says diamonds are a girls best friend? I say RIBBON is my best friend! I could collect ribbon all day long! I just love the wide array of the different ribbons, trims, etc. out there for us crafters to create with! So why not pull out some of your favorite ribbon and join us for this fun challenge?!!! Be sure to link up your project over at the MCS blog and you'll be entered to WIN a fabulous prize! Woot Woot!!! I can't wait to see what everyone creates!

For my project this week, I created an altered frame to hang in my dining room/kitchen. I found this frame base at a local dollar store. I took out the picture inside and recycled the frame for my own scrappy needs. I used my Cricut and Sure Cuts A Lot Software to cut out the cute little boy/girl chef. This set is from My Scrap Chick and can be found HERE if you are interested in that. The set is called 'The Happy Couple.' Of course I had to pull out several ribbon tricks since the challenge is themed around ribbon. I had a lot of fun making this project and I hope it will look good hanging in our home.

"Have A Happy Day"

Supplies Used
Cardstock: The Paper Studio, Die Cuts With A View
Patterned Paper: Die Cuts With A View, My Mind's Eye
Crinkle Ribbon, Twine, Stamp: My Craft Spot
Pink, Blue, Teal Ribbon: Ribbon FX (Hobby Lobby)
Thread: Coats & Clark
Rhinestones/Pearls: Queen & Co
Electronic Cutting Machine: Cricut Expression (Provo Craft)
Software: Sure Cut's A Lot
SVG's: My Scrap Chick (The Happy Couple, Card Essentials 2)
Embossing Machine: Cuttlebug (Provo Craft)
Embossing Folder: Swiss Dots
Ink, Pen: Stampin' Up!
Adhesive: Helmar

Here is my frame:
(you'll have to excuse the pic. It's not the best, but it was raining when I took it and had to take it inside.)
 Here is the view of a ribbon technique I used. I layered some blue ribbon and cream colored crinkled ribbon on a strip of cardstock for my border and put a stitch over it. Then I flipped it over and adhere strips of teal colored ribbon that I had tied a knot in. I then used my scissors to trim the ribbon at the edges in varying lengths. Super simple and a great way to provide some dimension!
 Here's the happy couple! I love this set from My Scrap Chick! Super Cute! I used twine around the edge from My Craft Spot to highlight them a bit better.
I hope you have enjoyed this project and that you will hop on over to My Craft Spot to join in on the ribbon fun! See you there!

Have a fabulous day! Happy Scrappin'!!!
Pin It!

4 comments:

Diane Hodrick said...

What an interesting ribbon technique...really cute and fun picture too!

Sentimental Scrapper said...

Beautiful project, Amy! I love your ribbon technique! It adds some fun dimension to your picture!!

Kimberly

Cricut Couple said...

So Incredible! Love the little bits of texture. It just makes everything perfect!

Kate said...

What super detail! I LOVE the stitching around the edges and the fun way you used ribbon too! Fabulous wall hanging!