A Scraphappy Southernbelle

Sunday, October 24, 2010

Lemon Dill Tilapia

Hey yall! Happy Sunday! I hope you have enjoyed a relaxing weekend! The hubby and I stayed busy busy busy. He had 3 whole days off, so I did not get to do much scrappin'. I did complete one small project, but it's for some DT work. I will share that with yall tomorrow. In the meantime, yall know I love to cook, right? I made a new dish today that I thought I would share with you. This one is a definite keeper! It was absolutely delectable! AND low fat! It was so fresh tasting and I enjoyed every bite. I served this along side a baked potato and some garlic cheddar biscuits. I was jokin' with Brandon that Red Lobster ain't got nothing on me! ROFL!

Here it is....Lemon Dill Tilapia
 I love the fresh dill in this dish! So refreshing!
Lemon Dill Tilapia

Ingredients:
2 Tablespoons olive oil
2 garlic cloves, minced
1/4 teaspoon salt (I am watching my salt intake, so I reduced this to 1/8 t. in my dish and it was fine)
1 pinch freshly ground black pepper
1 lemon, zested and sliced
A few pats of butter
4 Tilapia filet's (about 1 lb.)
2 Tablespoons lemon juice
1 teaspoon Dijon mustard
1/4 teaspoon dill weed (I used fresh, but the recipe says dried. I just prefer fresh herbs if possible.)

Directions:
1. In a small bowl, whisk together olive oil, garlic, lemon zest, salt, and pepper.
2. Spoon mixture over the fish filet's.
3. Add a few pats of butter to the top of the filet's and then lay lemon slices decoratively over the top. (Note: I added in a little extra step that was not included in the recipe here...I added just a little fresh dill for extra taste. We love dill in this house! LOL.)
4. Bake in a greased baking sheet on 350 degrees for 20-25 minutes or until fish flakes easily when tested with a fork.
5. While fish is baking, whisk together the lemon juice (I used fresh, but you can use bottled), mustard, and dill weed.
6. Drizzle mixture over the top of the fish before serving.
7. Enjoy!!!

I hope yall will give this a try! I loved it! It was so refreshing and I love the flavor of the tilapia...very mild. Now the baked potato I served along side this was not too bad. We used low fat sour cream, but I did add just a teeny bit of butter and shredded cheese. But the garlic cheddar biscuits...that's one I'll have to work off! LOL.

Have a fabulous evening! I'll see ya tomorrow with a new scrappy project!

Happy Scrappin'!
Pin It!

3 comments:

Sheena said...

MMMM..that looks and sounds so yummy..I'm going to bookmark this to try later..I love Tilapia!!..Thanks for sharing this with us :)

Hugs, Sheena

Audrey Frelx said...

Oh, boy!!! Wouldn't want my DH to see this, he loves Talapia any way it can be prepared!!! LOL!

Looks delish!

Kray said...

That sounds yummy, but we need to substitute is with chicken as I don't like seafood!

And those buisquits....those sounds so very good