A Scraphappy Southernbelle

Saturday, January 15, 2011

Happy Saturday!

Hey guys! Happy Saturday! How was your week? I am still in Alabama visiting my family and it has been quite a week. We got a big snow storm and can you believe that my Mom's school (she teaches 5th grade) was out all week?!!! That is like unheard of in Alabama. Since I live in Pennsylvania, I am used to the snow, but they were not prepared for it down here. All the streets in our town closed, as well as most businesses. We had a ball playing in the snow! But when we weren't channeling our inner snow bunnies, Mom and I got down to some serious crafty business. I created 4 projects, which I will be sharing with you tomorrow. But in the meantime, I wanted to share the projects my Mom created this week with you guys. So all of these are her work, not mine. She is quite the scrapper!

First, look at this adorable canvas she painted for her front door here at the house. She hand painted the background. The snowman on the left is a file from My Scrap Chick that she cut using her Cricut and SCAL (Sure Cuts A Lot) software. The 'F' on the right stands for her last name, which is 'Fretwell.'
 Isn't it adorable?! I love her snowman!
 Next up, she used vinyl to create this cute sign as a gift. I love the lime green and hot pink with the zebra print! Too cute Mom!
 Next, my Mom creates these little altered wooden letters for people that she works with. All of the teachers at her school have these hanging outside their room and it is just adorable! She personalizes all of them with their name and a theme of their choice. Here are 3 she created this week:

On this one, the turtle house is a file from 'Treasure Box Designs.' The turtle is from the Create A Critter Cartridge.
 The frog on this one is also from 'Treasure Box Designs.' We love their svg's!
 This elephant is a svg file from 'My Scrap Chick.' We tweaked it to make it into the Alabama football mascot, Big Al.
I think the Alabama one is my favorite! I love the Alabama football theme! Roll Tide Roll! :)

See ya tomorrow! Have a great evening!

Happy Scrappin'!
Pin It!

7 comments:

Lynn said...

Aymee, the frog one has my name on it, so I think it should be mine! haha love them all.

Sheila aka SassyLady said...

GREAT projects that you and Mom did. We are missing you but certainly hoping you are having a great time visiting Alabama.... cold weather and all. Personally I am looking forward to it warming up next week! Have fun!

Audrey Frelx said...

OMG, they're all just too sweet and adorable!

Tammy E. said...

Great job Mom! I see where your talent comes from.

Tammy E. said...

Great job Mom! I see where your talent comes from.

GabyCreates.com said...

Ohhh your Mom did Awesome!!! I love love the altered letters! way too cute!!... I teach at two HS..they might not go for cutsie! But I am thinking for my grandbabie's rooms! TFS Gaby

Jennifer said...

Very cute projects! I don't know which idea I like better, the letters or the canvases. I'm thinking of maybe doing one of these for my daughter's teacher at the end of the year. Thanks for the inspiration!