Hey guys! Happy Friday! I have been a busy bee today. I started out the day with straightening up my house. It was a bit messy. I then got in the kitchen and got to work on preparing my very first Chocolate Cheesecake! Yum! I am so excited about this cheesecake! It did not crack on the top!!!! That's a first for me. I have it chilling in the fridge. When we cut into it, I'll be sure to share pix and the recipe with you guys. Anyways, while the cheesecake was cooling, I sat at my scrappy desk to get some work done. I finished up this shaped card for the current challenge on the Gypsy Chat section of the Cricut Messageboard.
The specs of the challenge were:
1. Thanksgiving, Christmas, or Birthday Theme-check (I made a Christmas card)
2. 2 pieces of art-check (I have a snowglobe, snowmen, snowflakes, and a poinsettia flourish)
3. 1 word-check (I have the sentiment 'Let It Snow' on the inside of my card)
4. 1 weld-check (I welded 2 snowglobe shadows together to form the base of my card)
5. 1 stretch-check (I stretched the snowmen to make them a bit fatter)
6. 1 turn or slant-check (I slanted the poinsettia flourish...first time to slant anything for me)
I used the my Gypsy and the following Cricut cartridges on this one:
Christmas Cheer (snowglobe)
Speaking of Winter (snowmen)
Christmas (poinsettia flourish)
Joys of the Season (snowflakes)
Winter Woodland (sentiment)
(I don't think I've ever used so many carts on one project! LOL)
Also, on my card I used:
Patterned Paper: My Mind's Eye
Cardstock: The Paper Studio
Ribbon: Ribbon FX (Hobby Lobby)
Glitter Glue: Stickles (Ranger)
Pearls: Queen & Co.
Pen: Stampin' Up!
Here is my card:
These snowmen are from the 'Speaking of Winter' cartridge. This is a font cartridge and these are actually the 'N' on the cart. But they looked like 2 little cute snowmen standing next to one another in the chilly breeze to me. :)
Added dimension by popping up the poinsettia flourish with Helmar Zap Dots.
Inside of card...
Thanks for droppin' by my blog this evening! I am working on another Cricut project and hope to share that with ya tomorrow! See ya then!
Happy Scrappin' and have a fabulous weekend!!!