A Scraphappy Southernbelle

Friday, April 2, 2010

Altered Rolling Pin Kitchen Decor'

Hey guys! TGIF! Whoo hoo! So glad the weekend is here! IDK why...I do not have a thing planned except staying at home and scrapping, but I always just feel happier on the weekend! Anywho, today I have an altered project to share with you today. It is an altered rolling pin. Now, I have to tell ya this is a total lift. One of my best gal pals, Cristal, created this awesome altered rolling pin and I just had to try one myself. So I asked Cristal if she would let me lift the idea. Of course, being the total sweetie she is, she did not mind at all. So a BIG thank you to my girl Cristal for letting me scraplift and for the awesome inspiration! Love ya gf!

I purchased my rolling pin at Wal Mart. I covered it with some fruity themed paper from K & Co. that I have had for such a long time. I have really been trying to use up some of my older stash and was so glad to use this. I adhered everything you see with that awesome adhesive known as Helmar 450!!!! OMG! I thought I was in love before, but I really am now! This is just the best thing! It made this project so easy and so sturdy!!! Love love LOVE Helmar 450!!! Here is a view of the project.

(Click on the picture to make it bigger so you can see if ya need to! :) )

Up close....

I cut out the 'kitchen' with the Cricut 'From My Kitchen' cartridge. Brandon bought me this cart yesterday! They have them on sale for $39.99 at Joann if you are in the market for a Cricut cartridge. I have been eyeing this cart forever and was so thankful to finally get it! I can't wait to work with it some more!

For the edges, I pleated paper. This was another one of Cristal's clever ideas. I love the pleat look. I used some Fiskars decorative scissors for the edges.

For this next part, I recruited the hubby's help. He drilled 4 holes into the bottom of my rolling pin and then added the hooks. I hung 4 measuring spoons (1 T, 1 t, 1/2 t, and 1/4 t) on the hooks. I found these hooks at The Dollar Spot as you walk in Target. Can't beat it for a buck!

I hope you have enjoyed this project! I know I definitely enjoyed making it! I can't wait to put out my cherry dishes on my table and add this to the decor'!

As always, thanks for stopping by today! Have a fabulous weekend and Happy Scrappin'!
Pin It!

12 comments:

Audrey Frelx said...

Cute-cute-cute!!! Oh, and thanks for the tip on the Helmar 450 glue!

I'll be seeing you!

Pinky said...

Oh it turned out GREAT! I might have to make another one for my Kicthen Teaspoons!
I love how your version came out!

Laurajean said...

OMG Aymee...that turned out AWESOME, I'm just amazing at the things you are doing with your Cricut...that rolling pin is fabulous girl :)

Tammy said...

Okay..first I love Hinder so your music made me smile when I popped over for a peek. I love your altered rolling pin. You did fab!
May you and your family have a Happy Easter.
smiles...Tammy

Kathlene said...

A-dor-able! What a terrific idea and so danged cute! Thanks for sharing! Love your blog and visit often.

meluv2scrap said...

Those are fabulous chick!!! Wanted to drop in say hello and let you know I am thinking of you and the family. Praying for you all, toO!!! Hugs!

Kelly C said...

this rocks aymee!! what a great project - and I bet it looks adorable in your kitchen.

scrappinlil said...

OMG AYMEE.. I just love it...it is so adorable...great idea for gifts...I might have to scraplift this...beautiful colors and I love the pleating..how did you do that? TFS

Susan said...

What an unique interesting blog, and I also love the music you have on it. I have really enjoyed reading it. Thank you for allowing me to visit.
Susan
http://amazingcouponanddiscountdeals.blogspot.com

James said...

great project - and I bet it looks adorable in your kitchen.
Home Appliances

NANA R NASSAR said...

A-M-A-Z-I-N-G .... XOXOXO from Brazil!

Umair Rana said...

Nice and Neat Pakistani Clothes